Controlled Environments Group LLC

Bernard Barela
18128 Kieth Harrow Blvd.
Ste. C
Houston,  TX  77084

United States
Phone: 281-859-5999
  • Booth: 2339

Thank you for visiting our page.


“Creatively Exceeding Goals”, CEG was formed in 2009 with this sole purpose in mind. Our entire business is built around providing product and service solutions that have your best interest in mind. We understand that our customers are the ultimate judge of the value we bring to the table. Because of this, we won’t rest until we have provided the right solution to meet your needs.

Brands: CEG Dust Control Baffles, Koch Filters, United Air Specialists,


  • CEG Dust Control baffles
    Gravity actuated, mechanical dust control system for truck and rail receiving hoppers....

  • Dust Control Baffles ( DCB's)

    Dust Control Baffles are a gravity-actuated. mechanical dust control baffle system that can be quickly built, modified, and adapted for most any truck or rail receiving hopper/pit as well as portable wharf hoppers used in unloading grain, ores and any myriad of other granular, bulk raw materials.

    What do they consist of?

    A Dust Control Baffle installation consists of a set of baffle modules that fill the open face of a receiving pit or dump hopper. Each module consists of a set of blades that pivot to allow the material to gravity-flow through it unimpeded and down to the receiving and transfer area below.

    How do they work?

    DCB's provide dust control over the entire surface area of the receiving hopper/pit. The dust generated from materials falling into the hopper cannot escape because the hopper is only open where material is entering through the baffles.The face area of the hopper, where the material is entering, is effectively sealed off and thus reduces the potential for dust escape pathways. Because of the way they work, DCB's "Improve the Environment" by reducing 70% - 80% of fugitive dust escape all on their own, With the addition of a properly sized dust extraction system, the remaining 20% - 30% of fugitive dust escape can be mitigated as well.

    Why should you use them?

    Self-operating: They are gravity acutated and require no power.

    Time saving: DCB's do not impede the flow of material by any measurable extent. The DCB/dust collection system combination will allow operators to actually work in the immediate area during the unloading process.

    Space saving: Because they are usually supported and hang from the same supports the grating uses. They only require 14" - 16" of clear depth depending on the model used for the application.

    Energy/Money saving: DCB's reduce the hopper face opening by approximately 90%, thus they also greatly reduce the extraction volume needed to keep dust in the hopper. Less extraction volume translates to a smaller bag house, reduced extraction fan horsepower, smaller ducting required to transfer the dust from the hopper to the bag house, smaller electrical service requirements as well as less filters to maintain from day one and throughout the life of the facility.

    Maintenance free: DCB's do not require regular maintenence or service, thus providing many years of trouble-free operation and time for your crews to do something else.

    Ease of installation: In most cases, your regular maintenence team can install a set of DCB's without the need for special tools, fasteners and outside contractors. Heavy-duty DCB's may require the use of an all-terrain forklift to help with lifting and placement. 

Send Email

Type your information and click "Send Email" to send an email to this exhibitor. To return to the previous screen without saving, click "Reset".

If you have any questions, please contact event management